Remote Senior Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our tech teams combine a start-up mindset and agile methodologies with Fortune 100 stability. If you're proactive, resourceful, and ready to use new technologies and open frameworks to innovate and inspire, there's a place here for you.
GRM US Products and Underwriting is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to bring their passion and skill for software, architecture, and engineering practices to lead the transformation and aggressive modernization of our core business systems. This role directly supports the delivery of new Auto Pricing Programs and capabilities, which play an instrumental role in the growth and profitability of Liberty Mutual.
NOTE: This is a range posting, and candidates will be considered for Software and Senior Software Engineer roles. The actual grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
Why should you join our team?
- We are focused on leveraging modern technology to deliver value, increase our return on investment, and reduce our total cost of ownership
- Our market segment is continuing to expand which drives demand for more features
- We work as ONE team with adjacent squads and business partners
- We continually strive to improve both our technical capabilities and culture to be the BEST place to work
- You will have many opportunities to help shape the future of our team's capabilities and technical solutions
- You will act as a thought leader in this space, helping your squad deliver innovative solutions, as well as sharing best practices across the broader portfolio
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of REST APIs, Java, Spring, relational and non-relational databases, and SQL, Event-Driven Architectures, Rules Engines, and Quality Engineering.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Engineers, Designers, Business Analysts).
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, including data analysis and familiarity with ACORD-structured data.
- Knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.