The position of Restaurant Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of the Gibsons Restaurant Group’s philosophy, which is based upon four distinct core beliefs: Hospitality, Quality,Value and Family. This includes recruiting, leading and developing people to execute the restaurant’s philosophy; fostering a positive, stable working environment for the employees; and building sales and controlling costs to deliver optimum business results for the stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the community as a representative of the company.
- Responds to customer complaints and resolves them in a way that ensures the customer will return again quickly and ensures that every customer leaves happy.
- Maintains and promotes among staff and other managers a “no-compromise” attitude towards providing the highest possible level of Hospitality, Quality and Value to the customer.
- Executes plan, based on “Spotter Reports” and “Guest Surveys”, among other forms of customer input, to improve guests’ restaurant experience and increase their loyalty.
- Remains available via cell phone to respond to needs even when not on restaurant grounds.
- In coordination with the management team, recruits, retains, trains and develops an optimum number of staff who are enthusiastically dedicated to delivering the highest level of Hospitality, Quality and Value to the customer.
- Demonstrates and reinforces leadership behaviors necessary to gain employees’ loyalty, satisfaction and pride.
- Effectively schedules staff three weeks in advance to allow staff to schedule their personal life accordingly and provide sufficient restaurant coverage, while at the same time controlling labor costs.
- Maintains safe and secure working conditions throughout all areas of the operation for the well-being of restaurant staff and the protection of restaurant assets.
- Administers written performance reviews for all restaurant managers and, in alliance with the other managers, oversees staff performance reviews.
- Maintains employees in the POS and timekeeping system.
- Complies with all policies and procedures, current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations as directed by the General Manager.
- Takes action to ensure the standards of the Gibsons Restaurant Group are upheld and applied firmly and fairly and the DNA of the concept is preserved.
- Opens and closes the restaurant ensuring appropriate housekeeping and presentation standards are adhered to following established procedures and checklists.
- Supports restaurant goals in all areas of operations to achieve the desired volume growth and optimum profits.
- Provides oversight to ensure all PDR events effectively maximize sales potential and deliver 100% customer satisfaction.
- Reviews financials with GM to overcome problem areas and discrepancies within the restaurant and takes appropriate action to ensure optimum profits are achieved.
- In conjunction with GM, administers in-restaurant payroll and employment record keeping procedures.
- Ensures that all restaurant paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform the Restaurant Manager job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of a high school diploma; Bachelor’s Degree or other four-year degree preferred. Three to five years experience in a restaurant environment with at least one year of management experience preferred.
Ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing, with the public and with employees; ability to read and write English; ability to perform basic math skills including addition, multiplication, subtraction and percentages; ability to make sound business decisions; ability to analyze data and draw conclusions from the information at hand; ability to maintain composure and poise under pressure; strong computer knowledge and ability to learn new software programs.