Are you ready to make an impact in changing the lives or our students? Seminole State College of Florida has a great opportunity to join our growing team of diverse faculty and staff as a Security Officer I.
What does this position do?
The Security Officer I is accountable for crime prevention and mitigation through vehicle, on foot and CCTV patrol methods. Provides traffic education and enforcement to college community to prevent accidents and congestion. Provides a safe environment and protection of college personnel/property using industry standard crime prevention techniques to minimize or reduce campus crimes. Investigates security-related incidents and provides information and research to supervisor.
What experience and skills are needed for this role?
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
2. Valid Florida driver’s license or a valid license from another state with the ability to obtain a Florida Class D license within 30 days.
3. Certified in CPR/First Aid. If not currently certified, must become certified within 6 months of employment.
5. Security or related training certificate that meets or exceeds security requirements under Florida Statute 493.5203.
1. Experience as a security officer/guard or in a position with similar duties
1. Due to the need for emergency adjustments of work schedules or for campus emergencies, the following are necessary for this position:
a. In-residence telephone service or cell phone
b. Dependable transportation
PHYSICAL ABILITY ASSESSMENT:
Per College Policy 1.020 and 2.020, and College Procedure 2.0350:
1. Final hire/appointment of a candidate offered employment in this position is contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a job-related physical ability assessment.
2. Current employees may be referred for a job-related physical ability assessment or reassessment upon their supervisor’s recommendation and subsequent approval by the Office of Human Resources, or upon the recommendation of the Office of Human Resources.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
1. Works primarily outdoors, travels between buildings and campuses, and is exposed to sun and other weather conditions.
2. Must be able to walk or remain stationary for long periods and regularly climb stairs.
3. Must be able to run when necessary, maneuver in small spaces, and lift and carry up to 50lbs.
4. Acceptable eyesight with/without corrective aid and ability to distinguish colors.
5. Various work locations and hours including overnights, evenings, weekends and call-backs for emergency situations.
6. While on duty, be dressed appropriately for assigned duties.
Ready to join our team of talented faculty and staff and begin changing lives beginning with your own?
Go State…Go Far!
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.