Hospice House RN
$10,000 sign on bonus
Unique Start Up Opportunity Cornerstone is opening a new Hospice House in Orlando!!!
Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking experienced and professional Registered Nurses to join our hospice care team in assisting hospice patients and families in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort. We have full-time day and night positions at the Cornerstone Hospice In Patient unit located on the Orlando Hospice House campus. Training will be conducted at either the Health Central Hospital campus in Ocoee, FL or the Mike Conley Hospice House in Clermont, FL until the Orlando Hospice House is opened.
SCHEDULE: 3/12 hour shifts; with every other weekend rotation (hiring for both shifts)
Day Shift - 7:00 am - 7:00 pm ; Night Shift - 7:00 pm - 7:00 am (multiple positions for both shifts)
- Demonstrates experience and ability to oversee hospice house functions on his/her assigned shift. Acknowledges dimensions and limitations of charge position and opportunities to utilize supervisory assistance.
- Provides services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skills, in accordance with the physician orders. Demonstrates competency in all skills required for the agency, including, but not limited to, venipunctures, wound care, infusion therapy, medication administration, infusion therapy device care, and aseptic technique.
- Assesses the patient's continual care needs and collaborates with Hospice House Manager, RTM, or Patient Care Supervisor and team members regarding patient's plan of care. Attends and participates in IDT process. Documents nursing assessments, nurses’ notes, medications records, addressing problems in the plan of care or/either rationale for not doing so.
- Follows physicians’ orders when initiating medical and palliative nursing procedures as appropriate to the patient's care and safety. Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the patient's needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to physician and/or other appropriate health professional as often as needed, or upon changes in the patient's condition.
- Teaches, supervises and counsels the patient and family regarding nursing procedures and other care needs as appropriate to the patient's condition. Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.
- Supervises the LPN and teaches the nursing assistant where applicable. Assesses the patient's need for personal care, activities of daily living and revises the plan of care as appropriate. Communicates the plan of care assignments to the assistant and reviews assistant’s documentation of care as necessary.
- Responsible for following all policies and procedures of hospice and regulatory agencies including, but not limited to, documentation, ordering, storage and record keeping of controlled medications.
- Verbalizes and exhibits knowledge of dealing with patients and families including, but not limited to education, patient age specific behaviors, and dealing with the difficult patient and families.
- Adheres to agency infection control, management of hospice house hazardous waste and linen/laundry services.
- Participates in safety drills, including education, reporting, and practice implementation specific to job position.
- Valid Florida RN license.
- Minimum of one-year clinical experience.
- Current CPR (BLS) certification.
- Valid Florida driver's license and required auto liability insurance.
- Competitive Compensation including an unheard of 403(B) match plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Full benefits package including a Robust PTO Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Learning resources to be successful in your care