Wardrobe Fabricator II (Seamsperson)
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for making complex alterations on wardrobe pieces for all venues, creating original pieces for projects, and manufacturing basic accessories.
- Perform general alterations and repairs on existing wardrobe used in all venues, through the use of hand sewing or sewing machine (e.g., snap repair, hem repair, strings, buttons and fabric tears)
- Fit and alter newly fabricated and purchased wardrobe and complex alterations to existing wardrobe. Assist Guests with Wardrobe needs.
- Translate drawings/designs into patterns through draping, flat patterning and modifying pre-made patterns. Create and maintain documentation on these new/modified patterns. Cut wardrobe pieces from patterns, with knowledge of grain, knap and fabric saving techniques (e.g., conversion to maternity clothing)
- Create basic wardrobe pieces for existing venues and new projects (e.g., aprons, spats, scarves, vests and dickies). Installs RFID chips in wardrobe pieces.
- Perform minor craft work (i.e., repair hats, affix patches etc.).
- Assists in cleanliness and organization of the work areas.
- Utilizes Garment Inventory System to perform accurate logging of daily work product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent, Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, One to three years experience in advance garment construction, machine stitching, and alterations preferred
EXPERIENCE: Knowledge and experience working on industrial sewing machine, walking foot machines, sergers, and pressing equipment, demonstrated ability in pattern making and draping required.; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE