Guest Service Representative
Basic Function: Ensures the highest quality guest experience while providing the Greatest Guest Service Ever!
- Assists Guests upon arrival to the resort
- Interacts with Guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Helps Guests store check-in and check-out luggage,
- Provide Assistance with groceries and luggage carts
- Provide guests with rented scooters, strollers, and wheelchairs
- Anticipate Guest needs by providing information about the resort and guide for transportation.
- Provides assistance to Guests with reservations to restaurants and events
- Take ownership and resolve all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner
- Assist guests with concerns and coordinate with other departments
- Support the operation and ensure luggage are sent to the rooms
- Resolves Guest complaints independently or collaboratively
- Answers telephone calls in a prompt and courteous
- Maintains cleanliness of the facility and picks up trash in the surrounding area
- Present themselves professionally (neat appearance and in uniform) at all times while at
- Arrives at work on time for scheduled
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor or Manager
- Performs other necessary functions as assigned
**Within the Bags organization, the Guest Service Representative role is referenced is Luggage Dispatcher.
**This location requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to any valid medical or religious accommodation.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Required: High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Experience Required: Experience with computer systems and MS Office applications
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work the 2nd shift, 3rd shift, and/or weekends may be required.
License Requirement: The individual will only be required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver’s license, with a current address and acceptable driving record, if the individual is expected to be able to drive a company vehicle or drive on company business.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to make change.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret the English language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to Guests, clients, supervisors, and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to use a clock (standard/military time), calculator (optional), or credit card machine to handle transactions. Ability to maintain a pleasant and mannerly demeanor when speaking on the telephone and with the public. Ability to effectively respond to Guest problems or complaints. Must be proactive with strong personal drive and proven Guest service skills and must be willing to lead by example. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- The exposure level in the work environment to extreme hot/cold temperatures is moderate to
- The work environment is subject to all weather conditions including, but not limited to, precipitation and
- The exposure level in the work environment to bright sunlight and nighttime working conditions is
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.