FULL-TIME, PART-TIME and SEASONAL Positions Available! Don't miss out!
NEW SIGN-ON BONUS
We have immediate needs for Full-time and Part-time Assistant / Teachers!
- NEW UPGRADED HOURLY PAY RATES
- Non-exempt Team Members assigned to work at the YMCA Learning Center locations at Lake Buena Vista and / or Sherberth will receive weekend shift differential pay. That is an additional hourly rate on top of the base hourly rate for all hours worked on Saturday and / or Sunday shifts.
- Immediate openings for Full-time and Part-time
- Exclusive for eligible YMCA Learning Center employees: Main Entrance Disney Pass
- Click here to learn more about YMCA Team Member benefits and other perks
The position is responsible for implementing and supervising all aspects of daily activities for infants to youth. The Assistant Teacher is responsible for working to provide a successful program that will foster children's social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth in a safe and well-organized environment.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, to ensure the operation of a quality Child Care program.
- Must have willingness to care for children in all capacities.
- Must successfully complete the Department of Children & Families 40 hour Introductory Child Care Training in specified time period as outlined in the Florida Administrative Code Childcare Standards.
- Attend all staff meetings and the YMCA as required to meet educational requirements establishes in-service training.
- Assist in the planning and implementing of the daily lesson plans that fit the children's needs and interests.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the supplies, equipment and materials.
- Report all suspicions of child abuse to proper authorities.
- Make sure proper procedures are followed for sign-in/out of children on a daily basis.
- Report all accidents to the Supervisor, and completely fills out proper health log and/or accident/incident form.
- Direct or assist in the daily maintenance of the childcare area, ensuring safety and cleanliness.
- Assume equal share of the regular housekeeping chores such as cleaning, preparing for daily activities and cleaning up after projects.
- Ensure that YMCA Character Traits are evident in all activities.
- Establish a relationship with each child and know his or her present level of understanding; consider the needs of all the children and treat each child with respect and dignity.
- Work toward positive parent/staff relations.
- Participates in member retention, special events and fundraising.
- Completes all paperwork clearly and concisely.
- Remains up to date on emergency procedures and family center policies.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have one year of child care experience.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be willing to work an on-call schedule rotation as required.
- Must be willing to travel within Central Florida. Must have a valid Florida driver license.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
- Must be capable of working closely with all levels of management and under minimal supervision.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal, DCF, and drug screening.
- Must successfully complete the Department of Children & Families 40 Hour Introductory Child Care Training within the first year of employment as outlined in the Florida Administrative Code Childcare Standards.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.