Department: SSEM Acute Care Therapy
Title: Physical Therapist
Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital is a comprehensive community hospital serving the residents of Seminole County for more than 35 years. Our dedicated physicians, nurses, clinicians, and support team are committed to delivering quality, compassionate care. Equipped with the latest technology and expertise to perform advanced diagnostic, medical and surgical procedures, we also offer many community-based prevention, wellness, and outreach services.
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Health - South Seminole Hospital:
- South Seminole Hospital is Nationally Recognized for the BEST Places to Work!
- Benefits Package that begins on day one (Full-Time & Part-Time only).
- Flexible Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000 a year.
Physical Therapist provides services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients with injuries or disease. The Physical Therapist works closely with patients and clients to restore, maintain, and promote their overall fitness and wellness for healthier and more active lifestyles. This position is used primarily to supplement weekend staffing.
• Evaluates patients, gathering data from the patient, the physician, interdisciplinary team meetings if available, family and significant other persons and data sources.
• Develops treatment plans which integrate with the continuum of care and have specific goals and objectives and treats accordingly.
• Demonstrates competency in the use, care and maintenance of profession specific equipment, observing safety precautions and providing verbal explanations of the equipment and its purpose.
• Re-evaluates and modifies treatment plan and goals when appropriate.
• Recognizes and communicates when the patient has received optimal benefit from physical therapy.
• Adheres to State Practice Act and Standards of Practice.
• Ensures com
Other Related Functions
Maintain a cheerful atmosphere in which to treat. Demonstrates caring, honesty and open communication with all.
Maintains a professional appearance.
Participates in Performance Improvement, program development, student supervision, assigned committees, safety and infection
control, as required.
Demonstrates an awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies.
Practices efficient use and selection of supplies and equipment.
Instructs and supervises supportive personnel in their duties. plete documentation and accurate billing.
Bachelor's degree or higher from an approved program in physical therapy.
Current Physical Therapist license in the State of Florida—renewed every two years. Must maintain CPR certification. Continuing Education as required by State Practice Act.