The clinical quality specialist serves as a member of the quality team coordinating and support quality activities and projects.
Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapy or Pharmacy with the Florida Department of Health Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality Certification
Five (5) years' experience in acute care
- Coordinates and supports quality and safety activities and projects assigned by the Chief Quality Officer or administrative designee.
- Responsible for facilitating progress towards board quality goals by developing strategies, improvement plans and presentations consistent with improvement in board quality and safety goals.
- Collaborates with leadership, clinical leaders and staff to plan and support a robust quality and safety program.
- Works in cooperation with other members of the quality team including risk management, infection prevention, regulatory, data analytics, education and operational effectiveness to achieve improved outcomes.
- Establishes and maintains an open and positive working relationship with physicians, nurses and allied leaders and team members.
- Participates and or leads interdisciplinary teams, related to quality and patient safety as appropriate.
- Works in the practice environment to identify process and practice opportunities for improvement.
- Works with the leadership team to develop a culture and practice environment that embraces quality and patient safety, and is in compliance with the requirements of the various regulatory agencies.
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Nursing Officer and Chief Quality Officer to implement quality and safety initiatives for the staff.
- Assists in the development of appropriate policies and procedures related to quality and patient safety.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of new technologies and procedures that support or enhance quality and patient safety activities.
Other Related Functions
- Provides education and training related to quality and patient safety.
- Produces reports to meet the needs of the physicians, practice managers and leadership that will facilitate the identification of areas of improvement opportunity within OH and/or document progress of improvement activities.
- Serves as a resource for the staff as related to quality and safety, and to observe the daily operations within the practices to identify potential areas for process improvement or enhancements to patient safety.
- Demonstrates initiative and situational leadership skills.
- Embraces, communicates and promotes effective change.
- Maintains appropriate skill level in using current and future data platforms used by Orlando Health.
About Orlando Health:
Orlando Health, headquartered in Orlando, Florida, is a not-for-profit healthcare organization with $9.2 billion of assets under management that serves the southeastern United States and Puerto Rico. Founded more than 100 years ago, the healthcare system is recognized around the world for Central Florida's only pediatric and adult Level I Trauma program as well as the only state-accredited Level II Adult Trauma Center in Pinellas County. It is the home of the nation's largest neonatal intensive care unit under one roof, the only system in the southeast to offer open fetal surgery to repair the most severe forms of spina bifida, the site of an Olympic athlete training facility and operator of one of the largest and highest performing clinically integrated networks in the region. Orlando Health has pioneered life-changing medical research and its Graduate Medical Education program hosts more than 350 residents and fellows. The 3,888-bed system includes 29 hospitals and emergency departments – 24 of which are currently operational with five coming soon.
Orlando Health is committed to providing you with benefits that go beyond the expected, with career-growing FREE education programs and well-being services to support you and your family through every stage of life. We begin your benefits on day one and offer flexibility wherever possible so that you can be present for your passions. “Orlando Health Is Your Best Place to Work” is not just something we say, it's our promise to you.