Department: Noninvasive Vascular Lab
Status: Variable Full-time / 4x 10-hour shifts
Shift: Night/ weekday nights. No weekends.
Title: Registered Vascular Sonographer
We are an IAC accredited laboratory. We perform upper and lower peripheral arterial and venous duplex studies, ultrasound guided procedures, ABI testing, Carotid, Transcranial, and hemodialysis duplex evaluations on a wide patient demographic in varying settings.
ORLANDO HEALTH REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Located in downtown Orlando, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) has served the Central Florida community for more than 100 years. With 898 acute-care and rehabilitative beds, it is among the largest acute-care facilities in the region and the only Level I Trauma Centers in Central Florida. The hospital has earned recognition from U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in Central Florida and rated high performing in 12 adult procedures and conditions.
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Health Regional Medical Center:
- Competitive Pay: Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials offered for qualifying positions.
- All Inclusive Benefits: Student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, back up elder and childcare, pet insurance, and more for full time and part time employees.
- Committed to Community: Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more.
Orlando Health ORMC is the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system of care, which includes 24 award-winning hospitals and ERs, 9 specialty institutes, 14 urgent care centers, 100+ primary care practices and more than 60 outpatient facilities that span Florida's east to west coasts and beyond. Collectively, we provide care for more than 142,000 inpatient and 3.9 million outpatient visits each year.
Orlando Health is committed to providing you with benefits that go beyond the expected, with career-growing FREE education programs and well-being services to support you and your family through every stage of life. We begin
your benefits on day one and offer flexibility wherever possible so that you can be present for your passions. “Orlando Health Is Your Best Place to Work” is not just something we say, it's our promise to you.
- Perform Carotid duplex ultrasound, peripheral Venous and Arterial ultrasound of the upper and lower limbs, Hemodialysis Access evaluation, Transcranial Doppler and limited Abdominal vascular ultrasound while adhering to Orlando health policies and Intersocietal Accreditation Commission guidelines.
- Assist Vascular surgeons in ultrasound guided procedures.
- Document pertinent clinical and diagnostic information utilizing PACS image acquisition system.
- Assist in various department clerical duties: communicate with providers, nurses and other imaging departments in care of patients, assist in scheduling vascular ultrasound exams.
- Maintain regular, punctual attendance.
-Adhere to Orlando Health patient safety and infection-prevention standards/guidelines.
Graduate of an accredited school of sonography. Depending on assigned department, meets education/training as required under established current American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and/or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) guidelines
Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI); and
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
Must possess a strong work ethic, excellent multi-tasking skills, adaptability, and be able to work independently as well as in a team setting. Compassionate patient care, professionalism and strong technical skills must be displayed daily.
* Familiarity with Philips PACS and ultrasound imaging equipment is a plus*