Provides quality patient care when performing diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation
and/or intervention while adhering to radiation safety principles.
This position is located at Jewett Orthopedic Institute - Downtown Orlando
• Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy and/or physiology for interpretation and/or
• Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
• Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
• Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
• Adheres to Orlando Health mission statements and strategic imperatives.
• Assessesthe patient's physical condition and age specific needs.
• Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
• Performs proper patient identification, acquires patient's clinical history, and assures that the information is accurately documented.
• Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
• Assesses diagnostic images for technical quality, proper annotation, and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
• Applies principles of radiation safety to minimize exposure to patients, self, and others.
• Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality Control tasks.
• Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication administration.
• Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reactions to contrast medication and/or other emergencies.
• Applies appropriate standard precautions and personal protective equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
• Assists in supervision of student technologists and training of new technologists.
• Utilizes all Corporate Radiology computer systems effectively and accurately.
• Ensures safety of all customers.
• Maintains reasonable regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies, department guidelines, and education requirements.
Other Related Functions
• Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
• Maintains well stocked and organized work areas.
• Provides patient transport.
Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
• Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
• Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
• Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification