This position supports the 'Pelvic Health/Pelvic Floor' and is responsible for evaluating patients and developing treatment plans that integrate with the continuum of care.
• Evaluates patients, gathers data from the patient, physician, interdisciplinary team meetings if available, family, significant other persons and data sources.
• Develops treatment plans that integrate the continuum of care and sets specific goals and objectives.
• Demonstrates competency in the use, care and maintenance of equipment specific to the profession, observing safety precautions and providing verbal explanations of the equipment and its purpose.
• Re-evaluates and modifies treatment plan and goals when appropriate.
• Recognizes and communicates when the patient has received optimal benefit from therapy.
• Adheres to State Practice Act and Standards of Practice.
• Ensures complete documentation and accurate billing.
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Respects the rights and privacy of others and holds staff member information in strict confidence.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
• Re-assesses changes in patient status on an ongoing basis and updates care plan.
• Delivers physical therapy in a competent and safe manner in accordance with the South Lake Hospital Mission Statement and standards of practice and policies.
• Evaluates clinical interventions and makes appropriate adjustments in the plan of care.
• Assesses and meets patient and family's learning needs based on diagnosis, learning style, ability and readiness to learn.
• Identifies and participates in continuous improvement of quality patient care.
• Participates in Performance Improvement asrequested.
• Acts as a member of a multidisciplinary team in meeting patient goals and outcomes.
• Utilizes leadership skills as a member of the healthcare team by prioritizing patient care.
• Provides an environment that is safe, functional and effective for patient, families, caregivers andstaff.
• Assesses own learning needs and maintains competencies necessary to deliver skilled physical therapy.
• Identifies and reduces risks of acquiring and transmitting infections among patients, staff and others in the office.
• Adheres to infection control policies at all times.
• Obtains, manages, documents and uses information in a timely, accurate and confidential manner to provide quality patient
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an approved program in physical therapy.
• Maintains current Physical Therapist license in the State of Florida-temporary permit acceptable.
• Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.