Performs specimen receiving and processing duties, registers patients, enters orders in the computer system, centrifuge specimens,
labels and aliquot samples, delivers to test site, stores samples, slides, blocks, etc.
- Provides specialized support in the areas of patient registration, demonstrates a thorough knowledge of third party reimbursement
requirements and regulations, maintaining customer support and supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specimen collection and handling requirements. Research skills for investigating customer
- Ensures follow up on patient care issues. Communicates with immediate supervisor any patient care issues.
- Performs all departmental functions and has a thorough knowledge of hospital and laboratory information systems, specimen
processing, billing, reference testing and scheduling.
- Maintains positive customer service relationships at all times and proactively responds to customer service issues.
- Trains staff as required.
- Directs staff to ensure both corporate and departmental expectations are met in the specimen workflow.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the department.
- Ability to coordinate, organize or perform tasks required to ensure patient care and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with all team members and respond to customer phone calls.
- Acts as liaison between the laboratory, physicians, nursing personnel, other ancillary departments, clients and vendors outside the
- Orders and stocks necessary supplies.
- Processes pathology specimens as appropriate.
- Schedules courier pickups as needed.
- Communicates issues and department status to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
High School Diploma or GED equivalency.