Job Title: Radiology Technologist
ORLANDO HEALTH ARNOLD PALMER HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN
Located on the downtown Orlando Health campus, Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children has been providing compassionate care to the children, teenagers and young adults of Central Florida for more than 30 years. With 156 licensed beds and a team of experts in more than 30 pediatric specialties, the hospital has earned a “Best
Children's Hospitals” recognition by U.S. News & World Report for 14 consecutive years and has been named a Top Children's Hospital by the patient-advocacy Leapfrog Group. Orlando Health Arnold Palmer has held Magnet® Recognition for nursing excellence and quality patient care since 2013 and several units have earned Beacon
Awards for Excellence for employing evidence-based practices to improve patient outcomes and patient and staff satisfaction. Our pediatric Level I Trauma Center and ER is the only Central Florida facility to provide the highest level of emergency trauma care exclusively to children, and Orlando Health Arnold Palmer is the only facility in Florida to achieve Level I Children's Surgical Verification and Level I Trauma Verification by the American College of Surgeons.
Orlando Health Arnold Palmer is part of the Orlando Health system of care, which includes award-winning hospitals and ERs, specialty institutes, urgent care centers, primary care practices and outpatient facilities that span Florida's east to west coasts and beyond. Collectively, our 27,000+ team members honor our over 100-year legacy by providing professional and compassionate care to the patients, families and communities we serve.
Orlando Health is committed to providing you with benefits that go beyond the expected, with career-growing FREE education programs and well-being services to support you and your family through every stage of life. We begin your benefits on day one and offer flexibility wherever possible, so that you can be present for your passions.
“Orlando Health Is Your Best Place to Work” is not just something we say, it's our promise to you.
Come join Orlando Health Team and Unlock your Potential!
The Radiology Technologist provides quality patient care when performing diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention while adhering to radiation safety principles.
• Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy and/or physiology for interpretation and/or intervention.
• Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
• Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
• Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
• Adheres to Orlando Health mission statements and strategic imperatives.
• Assessesthe patient's physical condition and age specific needs.
• Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
• Performs proper patient identification, acquires patient's clinical history, and assures that the information is accurately documented.
• Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
• Assesses diagnostic images for technical quality, proper annotation, and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
• Applies principles of radiation safety to minimize exposure to patients, self, and others.
• Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality Control tasks.
• Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication administration.
• Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reactions to contrast medication and/or other emergencies.
• Applies appropriate standard precautions and personal protective equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
• Assists in supervision of student technologists and training of new technologists.
• Utilizes all Corporate Radiology computer systems effectively and accurately.
• Ensures safety of all customers.
• Maintains reasonable regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies, department guidelines, and education requirements.
Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
• Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
• Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
• Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification