Provides quality patient care when performing diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation
and/or intervention while adhering to radiation safety principles.
Orlando Regional Medical Center Rad Diagnostics Deparment brings you the highest level of diagnostic capabilities. Our licensed physicians and certified technologists administer tests to find the smallest of medical conditions, before they turn into major problems. Just a few of our diagnostic tests include:
- 64-Slice Cardiac Somatom Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- Telsa 1.5 High Field Open MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- X-ray and Diagnostic Imaging
- Nuclear Medicine
- Bone Desitometry
• Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy and/or physiology for interpretation and/or
• Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
• Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
• Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
• Adheres to Orlando Health mission statements and commitment to excellence standards.
• Assesses the patient's physical condition and age specific needs.
• Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
• Performs proper patient identification, acquires patient's clinical history and assures that the information is accurately
• Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for
• Assesses diagnostic images for technical quality, proper annotation, and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is
• Applies principles of radiation safety to minimize exposure to patients, self and others.
• Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality Control tasks.
• Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication administration.
• Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reactions to contrast medication and/or other emergencies.
• Applies appropriate standard precautions and personal protective equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious
• Assists in supervision of student technologists and training of new technologists.
• Utilizes all Corporate Radiology computer systems effectively and accurately.
• Ensures safety of all customers.
• Maintains reasonable regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Graduated or Graduating of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
• Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
• Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
• Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification