Human Resources Analyst
(Equity & Human Resources)
Pay Range: $58,198.40 - $87,318.40/annually)
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Some evening and weekends as needed for career fairs. (40 Hours/Week)
Location: 330 West Church street, Bartow FL 33830
Health Benefits Package, Including Paid Holidays
Must have the physical, developmental, and mental ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated below:
Advanced level professional and administrative work developing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of Human Resources (HR) programs and data in one or more specialized HR areas, under the supervision of the Employment and Benefits Services Manager (Manager). Performs complex assignments and projects with considerable independent judgement and initiative but refers problems of an unusual nature to the manager or Equity and Human Resources Director (EHR) for assistance with a resolution. Advises and makes recommendations to directors and managers on recruitment, interviewing, hiring and retaining employees.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs professional level assignments in any combination of HR functions, including job description updates and revisions, job analysis and compensation, and all employment services and programs.
- Creates, updates, finalizes, manages and assists county administration, directors and mangers with employment requisitions (job posting and advertisement, job offer, new hire, reclassification, transition/conversion to county employment, and termination).
- Update and Extend job offer.
- Compiles and Analyzes HR data and statistics for trends with regard to recruitment practices, motivation, turnover, and compliance with employment laws.
- Optimizes, tests, implements, and updates new data processes and systems.
- Presents HR reports on findings to senior management.
- Conducts pre-employment screenings and evaluates work and education experience, and qualifications of applicants.
- Coordinates and schedules pre-employment testing and employment interviews and prepares interview packets.
- Conducts new hire onboarding, and ensures selected candidates submit all required employment paperwork/documents.
- Ensures all pre-employment and onboarding requirements are met.
- Coordinate background and wellness screenings and ensures candidates selected for positions clear required screenings, prior to their first day on the job.
- Conducts training and advisement on HR processes, procedures, and functions, including the interview process and procedures, and HR onboarding.
- Provides support and assistance to the EHR Director and the Manager, including special projects, developing, and submitting various reports. Conducts research and writes reports.
- Assists with recruitment for positions, to include posting/advertising positions on the Polk County BoCC website, various external websites, and with organizations.
- Completes appropriate records, forms, referral information, communications, and other pertinent data as it relates to the recruitment and hiring process, and employment services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (continued):
- Reviews management requests and information and provides recommendations to the Manager and/or designated division managers, regarding job descriptions, reclassifications, interview questions, and the hiring process.
- Administers appropriate pre-employment testing, as requested.
- Verifies criminal and educational background and reference check information utilizing the services of a third-party vendor, and ensures compliance with Polk County BoCC hiring guidelines, including the safe driver policy.
- Inputs new hires, transition employees, and promoted employees' information in the Polk One system for conversion to payroll, including scanning and uploading documents.
- Create and manage new employee personnel files.
- Update and ensure employees' Florida Retirement System information is accurately reflected for promotion, transfers, and demotion transactions.
- Update and ensure employees' Union Membership information is accurately reflected for promotion, transfer, and demotion transactions.
- Informs and communicates with division directors, managers, and assistants, regarding recruitment and hiring initiatives, pre-employment examination information, and other related activities.
- Represents the county and recruits at various career days, job fairs and diversity affairs activities, presenting public information regarding employment opportunities and programs within Polk County BoCC.
- Writes letters, memorandums, emails, and provides other communications, regarding HR and employment services.
- Provides backup support for other HR functions and office needs.
- Maintains and ensures HR printed materials are accurate and up to date on codependence, handouts, and the Polk County BoCC website.
- Deals courteously, professionally, and effectively with applicants, managers/supervisors, officials, other employees, and the public.
- May oversee and/or guide the work of other technical or clerical staff and/or interns.
- These job duties may not be all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position; perform additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Human Resources/Personnel services and functions.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques and the principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Ability to get along with others and work in a team environment.
- Ability to learn various complex integrated software systems to include report writing and data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, while under stringent time constraints and pressure to get employees hired and onboarded quickly for critical positions and/or emergency declarations.
- Ability to independently research, collect, analyze and prepare comprehensive recommendations, reports and related data.
- Knowledge of employment and labor laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive reports and communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, team member, and leadership skills
- Ability to utilize a personal computer and various software applications, including Microsoft Office products, Excel, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to use independent thought and good judgment.
- Demonstrated thorough decision-making skills
- Ability to sit for long periods. Ability to see, hear, ambulate independently, drive, perform data entry keying efforts and make written notes.
- Graduate of an accredited four (4) year college or university with a bachelor's degree in human resources, business or public administration, communication, or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years responsible personnel/HR administration, employment service management experience, which includes recruitment, hiring and selection, and/or candidate referral or placement responsibilities, along with interviewing and employment advisement responsibilities.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver's license at the time of employment.
SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or Professional Human Resources certification
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.