Building Automation Operator
2 days left
Operate the Central Energy Plant (CEP), monitor and control the HVAC/building automation system, airfield lighting systems, preconditioned air plant systems, main breakers system, switch gear and emergency generator systems, elevator system, various perishable center systems, and standby equipment. Interact with tenants, contractors, outside agencies, and fellow employees to coordinate services and resolve problems. Receive trouble calls and work requests, generate appropriate repair orders, and dispatch department and contracted personnel to respond to emergency repairs. Document and update information to the maintenance systems databases. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or accredited technical school certification in Computer Science, HVAC or a closely related technical field; and three (3) years experience operating a computerized building automation system with multiple chiller plant experience in a large scale operations and maintenance organization, or three (3) years experience receiving and dispatching work orders in a large scale commercial or institutional setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Basic knowledge of CEP mechanical equipment associated
pumps and control equipment
- Thorough knowledge of central plant/building automation procedures, principles and guidelines
- Customer Service experience required.
- Knowledge and understanding of building trades, and strong computer skills required.
- Ability to operate and speak clearly on a two-way radio, and to work independently without constant supervision.
- Must be able and willing to work second and third shifts, holidays and weekends as scheduled.
- Valid Florida driver license required.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift - $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift - $1.00 per hour