Responsible for assisting and conducting basic audits, following established guidelines and procedures, of organizations which have contractual agreements with the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) to determine compliance with those agreements including, but not limited to, revenue agreements management agreements, and service contracts. Assist with audits of organizational units within GOAA to determine if units are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, and in a manner consistent with both GOAA's objectives and high standards of administrative practice. Responsible for monitoring revenue agreements across GOAA and carrying out continuous auditing procedures under the supervision of a Senior Auditor or Audit Management.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business or a related field and two (2) years of similar financial experience or a Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business or a related field and related course work, or an equivalent combination of closely related education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of IIA International Professional Practices Framework and statistical sampling methodologies preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. Knowledge of data analytic software desired (ACL preferred). Experience in creating flowcharts is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of financial, cost and management accounting theory, practice, and application of qualitative and quantitative analysis. Must have knowledge of management and organization theory.
- Must have understanding of contracting principles and administration.
- Oral and written communications reflect use of proper grammar; writing exhibits direction, clarity and conciseness.
- Must have analytical, problem solving skills and able to manage multiple tasks and projects, attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills demonstrating tact and professional etiquette.
- Able and available for travel (local engagements).
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift - $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift - $1.00 per hour