We are hiring for the West District! This includes one of the following; Bridgewater Middle, Chain of Lakes Middle, Gotha Middle, Southwest Middle and Water Spring Middle.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides direct supervision of a group of children in an after school program (grades 6th – 8th). Creates positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall after school experience.
Click below to view each location on a map:
- Communicates program and student information with other school administration, at Coordinator's request.
- Take responsibility for the leadership and guidance of a group of participants.
- Acquaint children with rules, activities, daily scheduled, and traditions of the program.
- Take responsibility for the safety/welfare of each child.
- Remain in the immediate area assisting in supervision during all activities including aquatics.
- Assist with organizing, and implementing activity plans for special interest activities.
- Assist with assuring proper sign in/sign out procedures are followed.
- Establish positive relationship with each child.
- Communicate progress of child to immediate supervisor.
- Monitor the needs of all children; treats each child with respect, dignity and as an individual.
- Report any suspicions of child abuse to Supervisor as required by Florida State Law.
- The YMCA prohibits from taking photos or videos of participants in their care or in any Y program without the direct permission from the YMCA Association Office and parental consent.
- Follow medication and food allergy policy.
- Takes responsibility for all equipment and supplies used, helping maintain good working conditions, inventory and cleans-up after all activities.
- Assists in meeting and maintaining YMCA Before/ After School Best Practices.
- Reports all accidents to the Supervisor, and properly completes proper health log and/or accident/incident form.
- Attends required staff meetings and training sessions.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of entire facility and report broken equipment and/or possible safety hazards.
- Participate in special events.
- Keep accurate attendance and headcount records.
- Report all hours worked accurately and in a timely manner to Supervisor.
- Remain up to date on emergency procedures, as well as Middle Schools Program and County Public specific Schools policies.
- Direct or assist in the daily maintenance of the school and YMCA facility area, ensuring safety and cleanliness.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- Previous experience working with children preferably in an after school setting or childcare center, preferred.
- Currently employed with the School District.
- At least 18 years of age.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
- The employee must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The employee is subject to noise: there is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- The employee is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
Starting at $15.00