Code Compliance Officer
The Code Compliance Officer is responsible for the coordination and performance of work involving field inspections, managing code compliance projects and enforcing City Codes for the City of Casselberry. The Code Compliance Officer performs work independently within established policies and procedures.Examples of Essential Functions
(These essential and additional job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as assigned.) Typical Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and Training: A High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Experience: A minimum of one (1) year experience in code compliance or related field is required. A comparable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's license and a Florida Association of Code Enforcement (FACE) Level I within six (6) months of date of hire are required. A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check will be made to determine acceptance of past driving record.
- Security Clearance: Florida Department of Law Enforcement background clearance.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge (intermediate level) of local, state and federal regulations affecting work.
- Knowledge (intermediate level) of relevant Florida Statutes.
- Knowledge (basic to intermediate level) of Unified Land Development Regulations and the applicable City of Casselberry compliance codes.
- Knowledge (basic to intermediate level) of departmental rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge (basic to intermediate level) of Central Square/NaviLine or similar work management software suite.
- Knowledge (basic to intermediate level) of CitizenServe or similar community development software suite.
- Skill in effectively dealing with the public and other agencies in a courteous, tactful and impartial manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability (intermediate to advanced level) to utilize Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to learn and follow City building and zoning permits policies, practices, services and charges.
- Ability to maintain accurate financial records and reports.
- Ability to support the mission statement of the City of Casselberry: Committed to protect and enhance the quality of life within its community.
- Ability to support the core values of the City of Casselberry.
- Ability to support the vision of the City of Casselberry: A vibrant, affordable, diverse, and progressive community where citizens feel safe, enjoy their neighborhoods, and access their city government.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative and not intended to be all-inclusive of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Work Environment: This position performs the duties in an office and field setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and consistent with an office environment, however in the field setting, the noise level is loud. In the field setting, this position is frequently exposed to various weather conditions, in or with moving objects/vehicles, traffic hazards, and exposure to violence/physical threats from humans and non-humans, including aggressive domestic and non-domestic animals, reptiles and insects.
B. Physical Demands: The primary functions require frequent periods of time sitting at a computer and while driving. In addition, this position will frequently stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. In addition, this position may be required to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds with or without assistance of another person or utilization of lifting equipment. This position is regularly required to use vision, speech and hearing, with or without assistive devices.
C. Equipment/Tools and Technology Used: This position utilizes the following tools and equipment while performing the duties of the job: City vehicle, desktop computer, desk phone, cell phone, desktop scanner, copier, printer, tin snips, tape and camera.
D. Employee Infection/Exposure Risk Classification: Category III: Employee performs tasks that do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency medical care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way. Tasks that involve handling of implements or utensils, use of public or shared bathroom facilities or telephones, and personal contact such as handshaking are Category III tasks.
The City of Casselberry offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
The City of Casselberry pays a substantial portion of our employee's health insurance. Dependent coverage is available at an additional cost, part of which is paid by the City. Health insurance discounts for wellness, non-tobacco and biometric screenings are available to qualified individuals. Group discount plans are available for optional dental, vision, STD, Voluntary Life with ADD, Legal, Accident/Critical Illness and Cancer. Paid long term disability after one year of employment.
401a Plan - 10% salary contribution paid by the City
457 Deferred Compensation Plan – City pays 100% match of an employee's voluntary contribution up to 4% of their annual salary
8 paid holidays per year (10 hours per day)
Paid annual leave and sick leave
Paid bereavement and military leave
Cost of Living Adjustments
Education and Certification Incentives
Employee Recognition and Appreciation
2% Residency Incentive pay for Casselberry residents
Wellness Health Incentive Program
The City of Casselberry is an equal opportunity employer, veteran preference provider, and a drug free workplace.