SUMMARY OF POSITION: Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines by performing the following duties. The technician will be a high-functioning maintenance team member, that needs little to no direct supervision in completing required work within a manufacturing facility. The Technician will have the ability to lead and organize group work on tasks requiring additional tech or workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following has been designed to represent the general nature of work found in this position. Other duties may be assigned.:
- Evaluate work environment for safe working conditions prior to any work being performed. Responsible for Lockout procedures per Inteplast guidelines. Installs power and lighting circuits and repairs distribution circuits. Runs new conduit and wiring for machines, equipment, and lighting. Maintains operating efficiency of distribution panels, switches, controllers, voltage regulators, transformers, and electric motors. Inspects, maintains, tests, and repairs all electric powered equipment and machines. Reads and interprets schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints, and repair manuals to provide required technical support. Ability to systematically troubleshoot and communicate effectively. Ability to articulate and communicate verbally and by electronic means such as email and text messaging. Starts and tests equipment or machinery before returning it to production and works closely with maintenance technicians, operators, and supervisors. Assists in the company's Preventative Maintenance Program and follows all safety rules and regulations. Troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers and coordinate findings and recommendations with Maintenance, Production and Leadership Perform duties of Maintenance Technician Ability to perform root cause analysis and convey that information when making a repair. May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned related to the job. Attends site safety or job trainings classes as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Understanding of PLCs and computer-operated devices. Understand MS Windows Environment and Files and Folders concept. Basic knowledge of email, spreadsheets and word processing is required. This position requires minimal knowledge of MSOffice or other comparable computer software.
- Technologically proficient with. Computers, electronic messaging, tablets.
- Operating and logging time, parts, problems, troubleshooting steps, and resolution in CMMS software. Ability to research parts, schematics, manuals, or troubleshooting steps via online resources.
Ability to troubleshoot electrical controls without assistance. Ability to use a multimeter, amp meter, and/or oscilloscope to troubleshoot electrical circuits. Heater controls, relays, thermocouples, heaters, and circuit protective devices. E-stops, start-stop controls, sensors, and photo eyes. Diagnose & evaluate electrical and control needs for refurbishment or upgrades. PLC’s and its components, power supplies, and peripherals. VFD, programming, and setting parameters.
Must be literate, proficient, and fluent in English.
• Reading and understanding manuals
• Reading diagrams and schematics
• Reading and understanding ladder logic and notes
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus but not required.
Ability to define problems; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Critical thinking and deductive reasoning.
o Ability to analyze issues or situations.
o Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
o Develop a permanent solution.
o Assemble parts and resources.
o Execute on the solution.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-Year College or technical school.
- 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience driving a forklift truck preferred.
- Intermediate to advance computer skills and calculator knowledge.
- Mechanical aptitude and advanced troubleshooting skills pertaining to machine performance and efficiencies. Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks and demands. Oral and written communication skills Demonstrate proficiency at operations level.
- Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk, hear and smell. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The associate is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Willing to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. Must perform work efficiently and effectively under short notice. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift. Will climb stairs on an occasional basis. Will lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis. Must comply with all safety standards and procedures. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis. May stoop, kneel or bend on an occasional basis. Must wear personal protective equipment as required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, cut resistant gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, arm guards). Climbing, ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. Balancing, maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. Stooping, bending the body downward and forward by bending spine and waist.
Example: Changing print and anilox sleeves in the printing presses.
- Kneeling, bending legs at knee to come to a rest on the knee or knees. Crouching, bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine. Crawling, moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Reaching, extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Example: Giving signals, reaching for material or handle on the item.
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time. Example: Making copies, giving presentations, directing traffic.
- Walking, moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances. Pushing, using upper extremities to press against something with steady force to thrust forward, downward or outward. Pulling, using upper extremities to exert force to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. Lifting, raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
DEGREE OF LIFTING: up to 50 lbs.
- Fingering, picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm as in handling. Grasping, applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm. Feeling, perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips. Talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; via face to face or telephone. Hearing, perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than a 40-dB loss @ 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz and 2,000 Hz with or without correction. Ability to receive verbal communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts. Repetitive motions, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Example: Filing, sorting mail, starting ignition of machinery.
All changeover duties such as changing sleeves, loading/unloading films, handling of doctor blade chambers and ink pans
- Inside environmental conditions protected from weather conditions. Outside environmental conditions, no effective protection from weather. Inside and outside environments apply. Subject to extreme heat; temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour. Subject to noise, causing reason to shout to be heard above the noise level. Subject to vibration, exposure, fluctuating movement of the body. Subject to hazards such as moving machinery, electrical currents, falling debris, exposure to chemicals, gases, high heat or explosives. Subject to unregulated atmospheric conditions caused by odors, fumes, gases, poor ventilation and dusts. Subject to oils and other cutting fluids via touch or air. Air density conditions causing the use of a respirator. Not exposed to any adverse environmental conditions. (Usually office work.)
- Ensure GMP are exerted throughout the production process. Ensure production process follows SQF Code
Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive and/or the job itself is subject to change. Some examples are: (1) Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. (2) This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. (3) Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Apply for Electrician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly