Provide assistance to the Assistant Director, Director of Finance, Chief Financial Officer and Finance Department with the management of the day to day financial operations of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) as well as fiscal, accounting and reporting activities including preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business Administration with emphasis on public finance, economics, and accounting required. Six (6) years experience in financial reporting with emphasis in governmental accounting and Annual Comprehensive Financial Report preparation, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Public accounting experience with governmental auditing preferred. MBA or advanced degree desirable. Experience with supervision of staff required. Experience with Oracle EBS preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant required
- Knowledge of current GAAP, GASB and financial reporting practices for enterprise fund accounting.
- Knowledge of and experience with various financial areas and handling multiple responsibilities.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting for municipal securities and related compliance matters.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, computerized accounting systems including General Ledger and Fixed Assets modules; experience with Oracle preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees and the general public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, and the general public.
- Valid Florida driver's license
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift - $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift - $1.00 per hour