Responsible for assisting and conducting less complex audits of organizations which have contractual agreements with the Authority to determine compliance with those agreements including, but not limited to, revenue contracts such as concessionaires and tenants, management agreements, and service contracts. Assists with and conducts audits of organizational units within the Authority to determine if units are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, and in a manner consistent with both the Authority's objectives and high standards of administrative practice.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or a related field and up to one year auditing experience, or an equivalent combination of closely related education, training and experience. Experience with data analytic software (ACL desirable); experience with automated workpaper systems (AutoAudit) is preferred. Experience in analyzing general ledger and journal entries is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of audit workpaper technique, sources of accounting, auditing and internal control literature.
- Must have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Governmental Accounting Principles. Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Attestation Standards, Government Auditing Standards (GAS), and The Institute of Internal Auditors (The IIA's) International Professional Practices Framework preferred.
- Basic knowledge of statistical sampling methodologies; financial, cost and management accounting theory and practice; and understanding of contracting principles and administration.
- Basic knowledge and application of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- Experience in creating flowcharts is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of management and organization theory.
- Must have good oral and written communications to reflect use of proper grammar; writing exhibits direction, clarity and conciseness.
- Analytical and problems solving skills required; interpersonal skills demonstrating tact and professional etiquette required.
- Able and available for travel (local engagements and continuing education). Valid Florida driver's license required.
- Current Certified Public Account (CPA) or Current Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift - $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift - $1.00 per hour