Responsible for overseeing, assisting and conducting audits of organizations which have contractual agreements with the Authority to determine compliance with those agreements including, but not limited to revenue contracts such as concessionaires and tenants, management agreements, and service contracts. Assists and conducts audits of organizational units within the Authority to determine if units are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, and in a manner consistent with both the Authority's objectives and high standards of administrative practice.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or a related field and three to four years auditing experience, or an equivalent combination of directly related education, training and experience.
- Current Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or current Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) required.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting, auditing, and internal control theories and principles and associated frameworks.
- Requires advanced application and use of Microsoft Word and Excel.Requires application and basic use of Microsoft Access.Skill in the use of data management or query software such as ACL desirable. Familiarity with automated workpaper systems is preferred.
- Knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), such as those prescribed by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board and the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
- Basic knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Attestation Standards, and Government Auditing Standards (GAS).
- Knowledge and application of The Institute of Internal Auditors (The IIA's) International Professional Practices Framework.
- Knowledge and application of statistical sampling methodologies.
- Knowledge and application of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge of theories and principles of risk typical to the airport environment and the application of risk management strategies and systems.
- Knowledge of financial, cost, and management accounting theory and practice.
- Knowledge of management and organization theory.
- General understanding of contracting principles.
- Strong and effective oral and written communications skills, reflecting proper grammar, clarity, and conciseness; strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to and available for travel.
- Experience in analyzing a general ledger and journal entries preferred.
- Interpersonal skills demonstrating tact and professional etiquette.
- Experience in creating flowcharts preferred.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)
- Shift Differential (for applicable positions) 2nd Shift - $0.85 per hour & 3rd Shift - $1.00 per hour