Coordinate and monitor the compliance and enforcement of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority's (GOAA) environmental programs. Assist with the monitoring and compliance of environmental permits issued by EPA, FDEP, Orange County Environmental Department, City of Orlando, Federal and State Environmental Laws, Legislative Acts, and Regulations, utilizing specialized software for tracking permit compliance. Review environmental project plans, specifications used for scheduling, permitting or acquiring permits and approvals on behalf of GOAA. Prepare memos and documents for construction committees meetings. Construction Quality Assurance Program are coordinated to meet the GOAA's Program.
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Sciences or related field and two (2) years experience working with environmental programs and/or projects and may include field testing and sampling activities, regulatory compliance with governmental agencies, or an equivalent combination of closely related education, experience and training.
- Must have knowledge of environmental program procedures, methods, practices, and their application to specific situations.
- Must have knowledge of federal, state and local environmental laws, rules, ordinances etc. and reporting procedures on hazardous waste discharges.
- Must have the ability to coordinate environmental projects with other departments, outside consultants and contractors to meet regulatory compliance.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong attention to detail, multitasking skills, ability to communicate technical information, excellent planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient use of communication devices, hand tools, monitoring devices, test equipment and scientific procedures used for environmental inspections and procedures.
- Must have the ability to read and understand storm drain atlas, geographic information systems (GIS), perform statistical analysis and interpret and evaluate results.
- Must have intermediate computer skills and Microsoft Office programs required; knowledge of environmental data management systems desired.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license.
The following are required at time of hire or must be completed/obtained within 12 months:
- Florida Stormwater, Erosion and Sedimentation Control Inspector Certification
- Class A/B UST Operator Training
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (for applicable positions)