If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
Full Sail's Business Intelligence Master of Science program teaches students how to collect and analyze big data to better serve the needs of clients.
In addition to technical proficiency and creative development, our instructors nurture the critical-thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills that will contribute to lifelong learning, providing students with tools to help sustain a long and productive professional career in Business Intelligence. This position is part time working no more than 20 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, and maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: n/a
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years of related and verifiable work experience and is required to hold a PhD (or DBA) degree in a business or technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using operating systems such as Office365 and applications such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI and/or other Business Intelligence tools
- Comfort with oral and written communication
- Experience with virtual and live presentation creation and delivery
- Comfort instructing others how to develop and communicate strategic business insights to both technical users and functional stakeholders in writing and verbally
- Hands-on experience building data visualizations and dashboards
- Knowledge of at least one of the following development languages: Java, Python, R, SQL or Perl (please note that no coding is required for this position)
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.