If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Staff Writer is an excellent communicator, as well as an incredibly organized and self-directed team member who researches and writes content for several different Full Sail platforms and publications. Discovering and processing information is a cornerstone of this position, as is being able to translate that information into compelling and interesting copy. Strong writing skills are essential for success in this position, but equally important is an outgoing and friendly personality and a creative approach to idea-generation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing news, features, and profiles for a variety of platforms and publications
- Outreach to grads, educators, and staff members via email and telephone on a regular basis
- Researching, gathering, and processing news and updates about Full Sail alumni, news, and events
- Acting as content team's liaison to alumni as well as multiple departments throughout Full Sail
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with journalistic best practices
- Familiarity with AP or Chicago style and proven ability to work within established internal style/voice
- Excellent skills managing multiple projects of varying complexities and durations
- The ability to multi-task, as you'll be prioritizing and handling very large volumes of emails, tasks and projects, while continuing to meet deadlines
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in writing, communications, journalism, or similar field
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of professional writing experience
- Would prefer a candidate with experience in both journalism/media as well as marketing/brand content
Note: You will be asked to submit 3-5 professional writing samples as part of the interview process; these samples will need to be writing that you were paid to create – not school papers, personal essays, or speculative examples. if you do not have these samples, please do not submit an application.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
The Staff Writer position is a full-time role that occasionally requires tasks performed or attendance at events on evenings and weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to make telephone calls, have video chats, and access, input, and retrieve information from a computer system.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.