At SeaWorld, we're passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we've already rescued over 40,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We're seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals to become our Ambassadors. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!
Applicants must have three days of full availability and the ability to start within 30 days.
What you get to do:
- Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
- Initiate interactions with guests to proactively provide animal and park information.
- Conduct informative and engaging animal presentations on microphone at animal exhibits.
- Facilitate guided, behind-the-scenes tours for public guests and private groups, to include VIP guests and for consumer events such as Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Celebration.
- Assist with operational logistics, such as tour set-up, check in, seat saving, and tour breakdown.
- Operate candy distribution locations and other operational needs throughout the park during consumer events.
- Organize, inventory, and prepare materials for educational experiences.
- Serve as education concierge for various cash register positions throughout the park (cash handling training required).
- Ensures safety of guests at animal exhibits and behind the scenes.
- Maintain professional quality standards with guest interactions in times of high stress.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with Ambassadors, Vendors, and our Guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What it takes to succeed:
- At least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college coursework preferred.
- Demonstrate high quality guest service skills.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Able to demonstrate strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpretation and storytelling experience.
- Able to successfully complete all legal, company, and department training requirements to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
- Able to follow all park and departmental policies and procedures.
- Comfortable learning to talk on a microphone, prior public speaking preferred
- Comply with all SEA grooming and safety guidelines.
What else is important:
- Able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Able to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heat. Position may be exposed to fumes, dust, odors, and cold/heat temperature extremes
- Position engages in extensive walking and standing and climb/ascend heights. Climb ladders up to 6' and ascend stairways and reach above shoulders.
- Perform the following physical activities: kneeling, bending, squatting, bend floor-to waist/waist-to-overhead, reach overhead, simple grasp and fine hand manipulation tasks (use of tools/keyboard/writing).
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid, closing shifts and holidays.
The perks of the position: Ambassadors will enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, and great teammates, as well as:
- FREE park admission
- Discounts on park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
- Scholarship opportunities
- Exclusive employee events and giveaways
SEAWORLD PARKS & ENTERTAINMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, PREGNANCY, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, DISABILITY OR COVERED VETERAN STATUS.