The position is responsible for supporting the membership department and reports to the Director. This position is responsible for ensuring sales goals are met by communicating with members/visitors in a highly professional manner; retaining membership, answering the telephone, answering member questions, and various clerical tasks as assigned.
- Assist members and customers courteously.
- Conduct interviews/tours to promote membership.
- Utilize Salesforce on a daily basis for entering memberships, involvements, programs, etc.
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Assist upon Director's absence with scheduling, report generation, audits etc.
- Meet and greet members and visitors in a positive and professional manner as a representative of the YMCA.
- Ensure the security of the Association enforcing policy regarding visitors and maintains visitor's log.
- Perform facility access control duties by checking in members and program participants entering the building.
- Ensure that membership card is presented or proper guest fee, if required, is paid.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance for self and facility.
- Give membership and program information to walk in and phone in customers.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Associate's degree or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years' experience in membership or customer service related field required.
- YMCA membership or operations experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Salesforce experience a plus.
- Excellent supervisory skills to include communication, motivation, recognition and staff development.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and engage members.
- Friendly, customer service oriented attitude with members and fellow employees.
- Desire and ability to work with people of all ages, improving the health and fitness at all levels.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as critical thinking ability.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Must exhibit patience, sensitivity and understanding.
- Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
- May be required to sit, stand or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and members' well-being.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must be able to perform light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and employment verification.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.