If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
Adjuncts for the Mastery: Personal Development and Leadership course allows students to map their own path toward achievement by providing a holistic understanding of success, personal motivation, resiliency, and intellectual commitment. Through historical and contemporary case studies that demonstrate a wide range of individual potential, graduate students will explore the strategies behind lifelong learning and personal fulfillment. Students will apply this insight to steer their personal and professional progress throughout their academic journey and beyond. This position is part-time working no more than 20 hours per week online and must be a resident in the state of Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain a student-centered focus, and stay current with relevant industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, and maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidates must have a minimum of four (4) years of related and verifiable work experience and a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in leadership, business, psychology, anthropology, or a related field. Must have an earned doctorate degree from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency in using operating systems such as Office365 and applications such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Comfort with oral and written communication
- Experience with virtual and live presentation creation and delivery
- A broad base of knowledge within the entertainment and media industries
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.