Financial Services Representative
At Schwab, you're empowered to make an impact on your career. Here, innovative thought meets creative problem solving, helping us “challenge the status quo” and transform the finance industry together.
Schwab's service team is at the heart of our firm's commitment to helping clients own their financial futures. In this exciting role, you'll learn to educate clients about investment strategies, trading tools, market mechanics, and retirement choices. You'll engage with, and be an advocate for, clients when answering inbound calls, taking ownership, and tackling complex issues to offer the best possible solution. You'll also take charge of your own professional journey by attending the Schwab Service Academy, which provides you with the paid training, study time, and support you need to obtain your Securities Industry Essentials and FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses. If you are eager to pursue a career in finance, enjoy working in a team setting, and share our passion for serving clients - this role is for you.
We offer a competitive pay and bonus package. Starting compensation for this location begins at $46,200 during training plus an annual bonus opportunity of 10% of your base pay and other eligible earnings. Employees have the potential to increase their total compensation to $53,000 ($48,200 base, plus 10% bonus opportunity depending on individual/corporate performance) within their 1st year upon obtaining the required Licensing and achieving performance-based pay increases.What you have
If you're not a finance expert, that's okay! People coming from many different experiences have found tremendous success here at Charles Schwab. Successful candidates will have a growth mindset, a willingness to learn, and a passion for serving others. At Charles Schwab, we strive to make a difference in people's lives through our innovative solutions and world-class service.
- Flexibility to work any day, time, or shift to accommodate 24/7 contact center needs
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous client relationship experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Economics, or related field from accredited university
- Ability to adapt to changes in the market and business
- Eagerness to learn about finance
- Passion for service to clients Motivation to learn about the securities industry, including the basic principles of equity, option, and mutual fund transactions
- Robust communication, influencing and client engagement skills
- Desire to be part of a supportive and collaborative team
- Proven success navigating multiple computer applications
What's in it for you
At Schwab, we're committed to empowering our employees' personal and professional success. Our purpose-driven, supportive culture, and focus on your development means you'll get the tools you need to make a positive difference in the finance industry. Our Hybrid Work and Flexibility approach balances our ongoing commitment to workplace flexibility, serving our clients, and our strong belief in the value of being together in person on a regular basis.
We offer a competitive benefits package that takes care of the whole you – both today and in the future:
- 401(k) with company match and Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time for vacation, volunteering, and 28-day sabbatical after every 5 years of service for eligible positions
- Paid parental leave and family building benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance