Fire Alarm Systems Technician – Mid Level-*SIGN ON BONUS*
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrives is if our people are thriving. That's why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, adaptable, and responsible environments. Our aim isn't just about improving buildings; it's about creating perfect places that improve people's lives.
*This position is eligible for a $3,500 sign on bonus.
Our Fire Alarm Systems Technicians are responsible for the installation, programming, start-up, and commissioning of state-of-the-art fire alarm equipment, including fire safety, mass notification, detectors, and field peripherals. Why is this so important? Our Fire Alarm Technicians are the face of Siemens, and your expertise and regular interaction with the customer will help keep their buildings and occupants safe.
Curious to see what our Fire Alarm Technicians do? CLICK HERE: Day-In-The-Life of a Fire Technician
As a Fire Alarm Technician, you will:
- Participate in Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance: run routine reports to review system operation, conduct final inspections and testing, and support customer acceptance and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Assist in customer training on system operations and provide necessary plans and fire safety system documents for as-built drawings; identify code and non-conformance issues and make recommendations for system installation
- Conduct project site communication and coordination by supporting scheduling trade contractors to coordinate start-up services and adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures
You will make an impact with these qualifications:
- Experience in the installation and/or maintenance of commercial fire alarm systems
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire; use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet; carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 2 within 12 months
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- This position supports a Siemens customer that requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree in electronics or related field
- 3+ years' experience in the installation and/or maintenance of commercial fire alarm systems
- Ability to read/understand design and construction documents
You'll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The pay range for this position is $ $47,500 - $88,300. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.
Ready to create your own journey? Join us today and help create a better #TomorrowWithUs!
We are a global technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to sustainable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, we create technology with purpose adding real value for customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We value your unique identity and perspective. We are fully committed to providing equitable opportunities and building a workplace that reflects the diversity of society. Come bring your authentic self and create a better tomorrow with us. Learn more about our commitment to DEI here.
Protecting the environment, conserving our natural resources, fostering the health and performance of our people as well as safeguarding their working conditions are core to our social and business commitment at Siemens. They are an integral part of our Business Conduct Guidelines and our corporate strategy.
#LI-DB #RSS Electrical wiring, fire alarms, Fire Alarm Technician, fire alarm system, Fire alarm control panel, Building safety interfaces, safety devices, nicet, nfpa, wheelock, exceder, 4100es, truealert, safelinc, next-in protection, firelite, fire light, fire-light, silent knight, simplex, siemens, notifier, edwards, est, gamewell, mircom, fike, vigilant, siemens xls, siemens mxl
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.