Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Cliffhanger Games is a newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on blockbuster action-adventure games and pioneering next-generation emergent storytelling beginning with Marvel's Black Panther. Join us to pursue your passion to build unique, groundbreaking, and inclusive games that empower players to create incredible stories of heroic adventure.
Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we look for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our team.
You will build, maintain, and extend the production-grade tools and services that power our entire team's development efforts. Applying a mix of Unreal Engine, Azure and proprietary internal tools, this engineer will strive to improve the developer experience ensuring optimal build tooling and artifact handling. You will also be trusted with handling the flow of new engine and tool versions into our development environment. You will report to our Tools Lead for technical guidance and an Engineering Manager to ensure professional growth and well-being. You will also have access to peers in similar roles across EA to learn from, collaborate with and grow.
- Collaborate with team members to improve our development infrastructure; developing, maintaining and extending the tools that our team relies on to do their work every day.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities and establish requirements
- Identify solutions (3rd party evaluations, homegrown implementations), then adopt / develop / maintain your systems to meet all functional and technical requirements.
- Work with QA and technical leadership to ensure stability and robustness of your systems and production on scheduling and roll-outs.
- Support systems with documentation, training and debug tooling.
- Help grow your knowledge and that of those around you by collaborating with your peers via impromptu conversations, technical discussions and code reviews
- Be supportive of those around you and open to exploring, proposing or adopting new ideas, technologies and practices
- Experience troubleshooting issues with users and communicating updates and resolutions to team members
- Experience supporting development teams, delivering and maintaining infrastructure-level systems optimized for developer up-time.
- Experience with Unreal Engine (Cloud DDC, GameSync, RoboMerge, Virtual Assets a plus)
- Extensive experience with source control (Perforce preferred) and integrations
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud service provider platforms (Azure preferred)
- Experience using NET, C#, and C++ and working with SQL and non-SQL databases
- Appreciation for robust, maintainable, easily readable code
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $149,150 - $233,500 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $136,000 - $233,500 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $171,100 - $233,500 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $136,000 - $190,850 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $136,000 - $218,900 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $114,050 - $185,250 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.