- Provides initial assessment, management, and coordination of all critical incidents until relieved by appropriate authority. May assume some of the responsibilities of the department leadership during exigent situations when leadership is unavailable for immediate response and action. Uses the Incident Command System/National Incident Management System (ICS/NIMS) model for emergency preparedness and response.
- Assists at assigned campus with ensuring compliance with the Jeanne Clery Act and related laws, policies, and regulations for their assigned campus, which includes investigating incidents, interviewing participants and witnesses, and completing incident reports and related documents.
- Assists with administrative leadership for campus-level safety and security operations and assists with compliance of campus standards of performance and operating procedures.
- Assists with staff management at assigned campus including, supervision, coaching, training, and performance evaluation.
- Assists with the operation and monitoring of security technology systems, including but not limited to surveillance cameras, emergency phones, and emergency response systems for their assigned campus.
- Assists with review, develop, and implement emergency plans specific to each building and campus under their direction; implements hands-on drills and exercises that simulate actual disasters or incidents to assess readiness and response.
- Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Three years progressively responsible experience including supervising staff in law enforcement or security operations.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain a valid Florida driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- Associate degree from an accredited institution in Criminal Justice or related field.
- Experience working with a diverse population at a post-secondary educational level.
- Experience with public speaking and presentations including delivery of training and workshops.
- Experience working in law enforcement or public administration in a management or supervisory role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively supervise, plan and organize workload and responsibilities of others.
- Ability to interpret and appropriately apply state and federal regulations such as Title IX, Federal Campus Crime Reporting (Clery) Act, NIMS, ICS and other regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of law enforcement techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of policies, regulations and laws related to college wide safety and security.
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous demeanor.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to observe people, objects and the environment and describe these in accurate detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, students, visitors, and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and investigations.
- Ability to successfully develop and manage relationships at all levels of the organization and to influence a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skill in investigating incidents and writing thorough and accurate reports.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Strong ability to create and deliver presentations in a clear and understandable manner to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficient using computer applications and software.
- Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
We offer competitive pay with a beginning salary of $47,476 commensurate with education and experience exceed the required qualifications, plus an attractive total rewards package including:
- Flexible work options with a 37.5 hour work week and generous paid time off (holidays, annual and sick leave, and College Breaks)
- A variety of paid health, dental, and life insurance coverages
- Wellness incentives and free gym membership at the Raider Fitness Center
- FRS retirement and other options
- Professional Development and Paid Tuition
- Free on campus parking, Lynx bus service