Development Director - Core Gameplay
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Cliffhanger Games is a newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on blockbuster action-adventure games and pioneering next-generation emergent storytelling beginning with Marvel's Black Panther. Join us to pursue your passion to build unique, groundbreaking, and inclusive games that empower players to create incredible stories of heroic adventure.
Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Development Director responsible for working with the cross-discipline leadership and other Development Directors to refine processes to achieve consistent and measurable results.
Making games is unpredictable, and we're all in it together. Development Directors are our drivers, listening and working with all our experts to find a way through for our teams. The Development director determines the “how” for the team and is responsible for ensuring the team is focused on the priorities identified by leadership.
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, the Development Director will work with the team to develop a plan to accomplish project goals and meet milestone targets in collaboration with our Gameplay teams. You will be responsible for maintaining and communicating the status while managing the day-to-day implementation.
- Work with the disciplinary leadership to understand their goals and create a strategic plan to accomplish their needs along with the project goals.
- You will create and manage a development plan for your area of ownership including resource planning, balancing scope with capacity, tracking progress, managing risks and mitigations.
- Provide regular updates on the status of your development plan to internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize the work for cross disciplinary teams providing the structure and support they need to accomplish our shared goals.
- Inspire fresh thinking and new ideas to ensure the team has the structure and processes that empowers the team to innovate within our games and our development methodology.
- You will also have a passion and empathy for solving people's problems and building happy, motivated teams.
- 5+years working with game development teams in a DD or Production role.
- Experience managing diverse teams across different time zones and locations.
- The ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Experience of agile project management processes
- Experience obtaining insights and developing strategies through analytical metrics-driven analysis and design experimentation.
- Experience using KPIs to set product success goals, monitoring of the product and informing necessary changes to the game.
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting decks to various stakeholders.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 - $199,400 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $147,400 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 - $161,750 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 - $188,600 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.