Procedural Technical Artist - skate.(Hybrid/Remote)
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Location: Hybrid and remote work options available across most North American locations.
WE MAKE FUN...FUNNER.
We are Full Circle, and we're all about having fun and making great games that people want to play with their friends. As the developers of Skate™, we are set to deliver an experience that embraces and builds upon everything our community found special about the previous games. We believe in creating an inclusive world inside and outside of our games for our players and our team. As a geo-diverse studio, our team members around the globe can either work from home, in the office or a hybrid of both.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join the Skate team. You will report to the Technical Art Director for Procedural Workflows.
- Research and guide the exploration of potential solutions for Content Creation Problems as specified by Technical Art Director of Procedural Workflows and directly create proof-of-concept work in pre-production.
- Work with Artists, Technical Artists, Tools Software Engineers & Rendering Software Engineers to convert prototype content generation solutions into production content generation workflows.
- Educate & Articulate concepts relating to Procedural and Parametric Content Generation to the game team through presentations.
- Develop & communicate technical requirements for real-time game editor and game engine run-time procedural systems, workflows, & tools to serve game team product goals.
- Contribute to inclusion of new procedural content generation tools & workflows in tech roadmaps, including engine roadmaps, product tech art roadmaps, internal and external content team workflow roadmaps.
- Attend planning meetings and build user stories and create time estimates for project planning.
- Expert in architecture of complex procedural content creation pipelines with a focus on artist/designer friendly workflows.
- Expert in creating parametric assets that can be manipulated in real-time with user-friendly inputs and controls.
- Expert in procedural content creation applications such as Houdini and using these within game editors and engines.
- Experienced using and setting up Automation for content/asset processing.
- You are experienced in work with artists and designers to determine tool and workflow requirements.
- Understanding of a wide range of real-time game content and the requirements for these to be efficient and high quality.
- A proficiency in VEX and some of the following languages: Python, C#, C++.
- A proficiency in UX and UI design.
- Familiarity/Competency with the field of AI and Machine Learning and how these can be applied to procedural and parametric content production is beneficial.
- 3+ years experience building procedural workflows and tools through a full project production cycle (pre-production to shipping).
Please submit a portfolio/reel with your application.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $126,700 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to temporary full-time employees scheduled to work full time. In British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.