Senior Environment Director
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.Cliffhanger Games is a newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on blockbuster action-adventure games and pioneering next-generation emergent storytelling beginning with Marvel's Black Panther. Join us to pursue your passion to build unique groundbreaking, and inclusive games that empower players to create incredible stories of heroic adventure. Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Senior Environment Director to join our team.
The Senior Environment Director will work with a team of designers, artists, and engineers in establishing an immersive, interactive, visually compelling, and believable game world. The Senior Environment Director will inspire and mentor a cross discipline world construction team in the creation of worlds that enhance gameplay, motivate exploration, and narrativize a deep world story. Reporting to the Principal Art Director, you can balance maintaining performance metrics and construction best practices with gameplay and aesthetic excellence.
You are fascinated by combining spatial design and psychology with gameplay layouts that enhance combat and lead the player through mission objectives while still allowing player autonomy. You are a collaborative individual that loves building and growing a team of accomplished world construction developers. The Senior Environment Director will combine gameplay and visual design skills, technical knowledge, cross discipline collaboration, and world construction team leadership to breathe life into the worlds our players will experience.
• Work with team leadership to establish and uphold the vision and quality standards for our game worlds. This involves ensuring that environment assets and the overall player experience remain consistent with the broader project creative goals.
• Effectively foster and create a team and development environment that balances gameplay, aesthetics, and technical requirement.
• Collaborate with cross discipline stakeholders ensuring world content works in tandem with camera presentation, character movement and traversal, mission flow, and combat gameplay experience.
• Collaborate with technical stakeholders in the development of world construction tools and pipelines ensuring efficient and high-quality output.
• Partner with development directors and team leadership in scope capacity planning, milestone planning, and resource allocation.
• Lead, mentor, and nurture the career development of the studio's world construction team towards a healthy collaborative team environment.
• Work with the Technical Art and Engineering Teams in the identification and maintenance of engine technology requirements and performance metrics needed to meet product goals.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in the games industry. 4+ years as an environment director, level design director or equivalent.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $162,300 - $252,600 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $162,300 - $252,600 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $179,850 - $252,600 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $162,300 - $213,300 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $162,300 - $230,150 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $134,250 - $202,100 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.