Software Engineer ll
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.Who We Are
We exist to inspire the world to play sports mobile games. We strive to create experiences that foster that sense of competition inherent in sports. We work together to write defect-free code, create easy-to use & understand gameplay, and push the graphic capabilities for today's mobile devices. Join us as we build and run the live service for Madden NFL Mobile & NBA LIVE Mobile, and look to grow new experiences in the basketball and American football mobile game spaces.What We Need
A highly collaborative software engineer. We are looking for detail-oriented people who have passion and can help us push our mobile games to the next level. Help us build the best mobile games in the industry!Responsibilities:
- You will work on technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development, driving features, optimizations, tools and technologies.
- You will work with other domain owners to integrate and develop features & technologies into the game.
- You will provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement and optimizations.
- You will work in an agile development environment, collaborating with your software engineer, designer, and quality assurance co-workers.
- Proficient in C++ and Java with at least 2 years of software development experience
- Proficiency with multi-threaded programming, job systems, and debugging
- Proficiency with memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Pluses for:
- Shipped mobile titles
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience in a Live Service
- Experience in eCommerce systems
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices and development methodologies
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.