Development Director - American Football
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
*THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE LOCATED IN ORLANDO, FL AND WOULD REQUIRE BEING IN THE OFFICE 2-3 DAYS PER WEEK
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
We are searching for a Development Director to manage the development of Madden. You are right for this role if you are passionate about solving difficult and fast-moving problems. You can effectively collaborate, communicate, and motivate often across business units and with peers or partners in other parts of the business. Your greatest strengths are building strong relationships, strategic thinking, and strong execution. You like to be challenged and thinking about the future excites you.
- Work with the Project Leadership team to establish the strategy to meet milestones and important deliverables
- Work with creative, development, and operations partners and stakeholders to ensure that quality, budgets and timelines are met.
- Support the growth and development of a thriving team culture based on openness, trust and collaboration
- Foster and support an inclusive and diverse team culture.
- Develop project indicators that track project quality, delivery, and predictability
- Be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and career development of your team. Lead project managers at all levels of the organization.
- Inspire fresh thinking and innovation to ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
- Build an engaged group with an understanding of what inspires the individuals and team.
- Promote knowledge sharing, learning, reconciling conflicting goals, sharing resources amongst your team.
- Identify, assess, and prioritize risks followed and coordinate application of resources to minimize and manage risks
- Experience with Project Management (8+ years) and People Management (4+ years), and a proven track record of successful delivery of large critical projects (60+ team members), including auditing and steering.
- Effective communication & leadership skills with a proven ability to influence outcomes across all levels of an organization, build trusted relationships, and drive urgency on critical priorities.
- Strategic thinker, with excellent analytical & problem-solving skills. Someone who can think big picture, while leading teams through complex problems quickly & effectively to deliver the right work.
- Highly action-oriented enthusiastic individual, comfortable with ambiguity & constant change, while leaning into the creative process to deliver the highest quality for our fans.
- Excellent knowledge of software development, tools, and processes, with significant project and risk management experience. Preference for proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Jira.
- University degree, bachelors, or equivalent
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We're looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.